It’s not much of an update, as I’ve been chasing a hundred little tasks that collectively add up to … well, a hundred little tasks.
- Books sent to Texas? Check.
- PowerPoint presentations finished? Check.
- Remarks written? Check.
- Bags packed? Check.
- Computer, memory stick and other materials packed? Check.
- All files e-mailed to myself because I don’t trust the memory stick? Check.
- Dogs pissed off because I’ve been doing all this other stuff and not playing tug with them? Check.
- Wife forced to listen to my worrying and obsessing to the point that she’s thinking of staying home? Check.
It seems, then, that we’re all set.
When I get back to the Big Sky, I anticipate having some additions to the list of places the book and I will be in the coming weeks. In the meantime, check out the current events and if you happen to be around for one of them, please stop by and say hello.
Also, I would be remiss if I didn’t say, again, how happy I am that I ducked out of NaNoWriMo this year. Progress on the new project has been impeded by a hundred little things (a partial list above), so I’ve been able to move only a few hundred words at a time. By my count, those of you still hanging in there should be at least 28,339 words down the road by the end of today. If you’re there, or beyond, I salute you.
More in a few days …